Tourism and entertainment business industry study degree programme is designed to prepare qualified managers to be able to investigate and analyze the market of tourism and entertainment business, business environment and the tendencies of its change, create service packages and organize its trade, set up and manage enterprises, which provide the services of tourism, entertainment, beauty and wellness.
The program content
Future specialists of tourism and entertainment business industry study general subjects: communication psychology, basics of law, foreign language and subjects of study branch: basics of tourism, basics of events planning, management, marketing, business law, corporate finance and accounting, travel planning and organization, control of computer reservation system, event planning technology, business planning and enterprise foundation.
The study program students can choose one of three specializations:
- Travel and excursions management (basics of Lithuanian culture and history, basics of world and Lithuanian architecture and art, guide rhetoric and communication).
- Entertainment activity and sport event planning (Sport event planning, Protocol and ceremonial event planning, Entertainment and cultural event planning).
- Health and sport club management (Health and sport club management, SPA culture, Beauty industry management).
During the studies, students have four internships: introductory tourism, entertainment, introductory accommodation and catering and final professional.
The study programme is completed by the defense of the professional Bachelor’s thesis. The graduate is granted with tourism and leisure Professional Bachelor’s degree.
Applicants who have passed the final exams and gained the maturity certificate may apply for the state non-funded place (VNF). Admission to the state-non- funded studies takes place directly in the University of Applied Sciences.
Those who want to study in Lithuania Business University of Applied Sciences according to the state non-funded place and get scholarship (VNF / st), must participate in the general admission from June 1st until July 21st during the general admission to all Lithuanian institutions of higher education at www.lamabpo.lt Applicants connect to LAMA BPO website and indicate: Lithuania Business University of Applied Sciences; the study program; VNF / study scholarship *
* Study scholarship is given to students at all levels, who apply for the state non-funded study places with the highest scores. Study scholarship is awarded for the whole study period. At the end of each academic year, a student can choose to study the same study program in a different institution of higher education without losing the scholarship.
Subjects of the competitive score and weighted coefficient for applying for the state non-funded place with the study scholarship (VNF / st) and gained the maturity certificate in 2017:
- History 0.4 (state leaving exam)
- The Lithuanian language and literature 0.2 (state or school leaving exam)
- Mathematics 0.2 (state leaving exam)
- Foreign language (English, German or French) (state leaving exam)
- Foreign language / Information Technology / Biology / Geography / History / Arts 0.2 (state leaving exam or final annual mark).
Graduates of the study programme can work as specialists for tourist information centers, organizers and guides of excursions and educational programs for museums, managers - consultants for travel agencies, managers for accommodation and catering enterprises, event’s organizers for enterprises providing organizational services, shop and entertainment centers, rural tourism farmsteads, SPA and health services providing centers, specialists for municipality departments of international relation, business development and tourism and initiative and enterprising graduates can establish their own company.
This school offers programs in:
अंतिम January 13, 2018 अद्यतन.